Homemade Vegan Orange Ice Lollies by @quisqitchen ft Chosan Jam
As lockdown lifts and we usher in the summer months, these homemade orange ice lollies are the perfect, refreshing treat to cool you down! They’re super easy and can be enjoyed by the entire family. This recipe makes around 2½ cups/625ml of mixture.
- 2 cups/500ml Water
- ¼ cup/60ml Chosan’s Orange Baobab Jam (you can add more if you like)
- ½ cup/125ml Sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tsp Lime Juice (optional and to taste)
- Dash of Cinnamon (optional and to taste)
- Add water, sugar, cinnamon and orange baobab jam into a bowl.
- Place the mixture into a blender and lightly pulse until everything is combined and the sugar is dissolved. Stir in lime juice, pour your mixture into your ice lolly mould and leave to set in the freezer.
- Once frozen, briefly run the mould under warm water to release the lollies and serve! These lollies are sticky, so make sure to have a tissue on hand!
- To make orange and cream lollies, place a few small scoops of yoghurt throughout your ice lolly tray, before pouring in the mixture. Use a toothpick to marble the yoghurt throughout the mould.
- Want a slush? Take this recipe and pour it into ice cube trays. Once set, pulse ice cubes in a blender until it reaches a slush consistency.
- If you don’t have an ice lolly mould, you can place your lollipop sticks into an ice tray or plastic cups and use those instead!
Follow at Qui’s Qitchen for more tasty recipe inspiration!