Homemade Vegan Chocolate Easter Egg by @quisqitchen ft Chosan Chocolate Spread
Shop Clued-Up Limited Edition DIY Vegan Chocolate and Baobab Easter Egg Kit will add a choco-block of fun this Easter bank holiday. Makers can spend time creating their perfect guilt-free Easter egg, decorating it, then, most importantly, eating it.
Parents looking to quiet the utter "I'm bored". Kids with short attention spans who need a little more stimulation. Foodies craving their next ambitious creative cooking project. We spend weeks counting down to the bank holidays getting excited about the spare time and turning off the alarm. Sometimes it's full of trips, seeing relatives and non-stop screen time. It’s not long until boredom sets in. But what can you do?
Are we all ready to peel ourselves off the sofa, and head to the kitchen for some wholesome Easter fun?
Our DIY easter egg kits will give you lots of fun. You can create 3 personalised vegan easter eggs. Our kits come with the perfect amount of chocolate to make the eggs. Then you can stuff it with your favourite fillings, or decorate it with easter chicks, flowers, or your name.
- 4oz of vegan chocolate
- 100g of Chosan’s Baobab Chocolate Spread for filling
- 90g of Chosan’s Baobab Chocolate Spread for decorating
- Vegan treats for decoration (optional)
- Place your egg mould inside the fridge. This will help the chocolate set quicker. Remember you’re working with VEGAN chocolate, it behaves differently from non-vegan chocolate.
- Place the chocolate inside a bowl and heat it for 20-30 second intervals. Stir after each heating and continue until the chocolate is melted without any lumps.
- Allow the chocolate to cool down. You want the chocolate to be runny enough to spread, but firm enough to adhere to the sides of the mould. Keep spooning the chocolate onto the inside of the bowl. When the chocolate adheres to the sides and slowly drips down, it’s ready. If you find that your chocolate is taking ages to cool down, go ahead and start step 4, you’ll be relying on the fridge to cool down your chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolate into the moulds, paying special attention to the edges. Place in the fridge for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the mould out of the fridge and repeat step 4. Again, pay extra attention to the edges and any crevices you may have missed.
- Place the mould back into the fridge for 25-35 minutes or until completely set (this might seem like a long time, but remember that vegan chocolate can sometimes take longer to set).
- Fill piping bag with Chosan's Baobab Chocolate Spread, cut a small hole at the tip and set aside.
- Once set, carefully pop the eggs out of the mould. Cautiously break off the excess chocolate around the edges or use a warm knife to clean them up.
- Carefully pipe in as much chocolatey filling your heart desires and stick the halves together. If your chocolate won’t stick, use a hot knife to lightly melt the edges or delicately pipe some chocolate spread around the edges.
- Decorate and enjoy! We decided to decorate our eggs with a little more of Chosan’s Baobab Chocolate Spread, edible glitter, sprinkles and vegan chocolate treats!